Self Care and Self Love

Self Care and Self Love

Self care is often thought of as being selfish or self centred, or giving in to our temptations, giving in to our wants, giving ourselves “treats”, like that large piece of chocolate cake or those new shoes you saw and “must have”.
Self care is about giving ourselves what we want, but not what we want from our little selves or ego place, instead it's giving ourselves what we want from our soul perspective, giving ourselves the best self care is what nourishes our soul, not our ego or damaged self.

Let's look at sugar, sugar fills our lives and bodies with the false taste of sweetness, when sweetness is missing in our day or our lives, when our soul is under nourished then we will seek sweetness in other ways. Like any addiction this is a quick temporary soothe the symptoms fix and potentially masks the underlying lack of soul nourishment. The sweetness or the joy of life and how to tap back into it is the key to our self care.

Our lives become so full of mundane routines or “busyness” of nothing, that we lose touch of our soul desires and what nourishes us on that soul level.
When we are true to our soul desires, our life purpose and self care becomes purely directed at providing our bodies and lives with everything we need to fulfill our purpose and soul destiny. Looking from that viewpoint, it's easy to see how self care isn’t that piece of chocolate cake or new pair of shiny shoes or ear rings.
Self care instead, might be mediating, eating differently or exercising. Generally, self care is being mindful of your mind, body and spirit and its needs in any given moment, this allows you to be refreshed and present to the moment, this in turn allows further expansion of your life purpose and the move towards your soul destiny becomes easier.

Lotus Divine Inspirations 


Many of you are probably saying “ but I don’t know my soul purpose” My reply is, that no one knows their soul purpose or true potential while they are living a life full of false treats and listening to the little self desires.
This is something that I have personally struggled with and still do, I believed that loving myself meant that on “hard or tough” days I deserve to be rewarded with “treats”. My belief was that to give myself something that I wanted - that piece of cake, new clothes or indeed that new crystal ;-) was my reward for all the suffering and hard work I had done and survived through that day.
My eureka moment came as I realised that if I truly unconditionally loved myself then I would only ever be present to my actual mind, body and spirit needs, rather than my little wounded self needs.

Self care will be different for everyone, but really ultimately it's all about pausing and reflecting on what could you do for yourself - for your soul right Now that would make your soul happy ? Just for you ?
What would nourish your soul right now?
What brings you deep joy?
What brings you closer to the Divine? This is true self care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Your Dragon

Soulmates

Twin Flame? Soul Mate ?